We gather here four documents related to the n-gram text comparison result of the Buppō Shintō Reikiki with other contemporary esoteric texts of the Taishō Canon (all the files are in the pdf format):
- n-gram text comparison result of the Buppō Shintō Reikiki (used text is the one printed in Shintō taikei 神道大系, Ronsetsu hen 論説編, I, Shingon shintō 眞言神道, I, Tōkyō, 1993, pp. 84-90) with six roughly contemporary Buddhist texts for sequences of 4 characters.
- Dainichi-kyō-sho myōin-shō 大日經疏妙印抄, a sub-commentary on the Mahāvairocana sūtra, by Yūban 宥範 (1270-1352), a Shingon monk disciple of Yūshō 宥祥 (active around 1305) who was the initiator of the Izu-ryū 伊豆流, a branch of the Sanbōin-ryū 三寶院流: T. LXVIII 2213 in 80 kan 卷.
- Dainichi-kyō-sho shō 大日經疏鈔, a sub-commentary on the Mahāvairocana sūtra, by Yūkai 宥快 (1345-1416), a Shingon monk of Kōya-san 高野山, a prolific author known for his oppositon against the tendency of "Original Enlightenment" thought within Shingon school: T. LX 2218 in 85 kan
- Bodaishin-ron kenmon 菩提心論見聞, a commentary on the Putixin lun/Bodaishin-ron 菩提心論 attributed to Amoghavajra (T. XXXII 1665), by the Tendai monk Anchō 安超 composed in 1328. Anchō lived at Anrakuji 安樂寺 in Aichi prefecture: T. LXX 2294 in 4 kan.
- Keiran-shūyō-shū 溪嵐拾葉集 by Kōshū 光宗 (composed between 1311-1348): a long compilation of oral transmissions of the Tendai school: T. LXXVI 2410 in 116 kan.
- Sōji-shō 總持抄, a ritual compilation by Chōgō 澄豪(1259-1350), one of the masters of Kōshū, : T. LXXVII 2412 in 10 kan.
- Ryōin-ketsu 了因決, another ritual compilation by Ryōe 了惠 composed between 1335-1381. Ryōe lived in Chōrakuji 長樂寺 in Gunma prefecture, where the transmission of Tendai esotericism and Zen initiated by Yōsai 栄西 (1141-1215) was continued: T. LXXVII 2414 in 48 kan.
At the left, the number of occurrences of a term in all the seven texts. Next the sequence of four characters which was the keyword for which I searched in all the seven texts. Next, list of numbers of occurrences of the term in each text. At the right column, the numbers of occurrences of the term in the entire Taishō Canon corpora.
Total character number of each text at the first line.
Number of the total matching words is 589.
Numbers of hits in each text (with their percentage) in the last lines.
- The same list sorted according to the numbers of occurrences in the Taishō Canon corpora.
- List of occurrences of each of the 589 keywords searched in the texts of the Taishō Canon (for the last seven keywords, only the total number of occurrences are given).
- List of total hits of keywords in each of the texts, and list of total hits of keywords according to the authors or translators of texts.
- n-gram result for 4 grams of Reikiki chapter 14 against all the texts of Taisho Canon (of more than 8000 characters). This is a huge text file of 18.8 MB...!. — Please download the whole file, and have a look at its end, where some significant data can be seen.
Mail to Nobumi Iyanaga
This page was last built with Frontier on a Macintosh on Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 9:24:55 PM. Thanks for checking it out! Nobumi Iyanaga